Monday, September 1, 2014

a letter to my Crush

In an attempt (a tad rebellious maybe) to be honest to the only thing that screams "THE REAL ME" - my blog, I continue to write truthful letters. This is the second one



Dear Complicated,

I know of no other name by which to call you, as you had always complicated my thoughts. I write this letter so that I may finally, honestly, claim that I told you how I feel - even if I am relieved by the fact that you may never read this letter, or the fact that you may read it, but never know that its you I am talking about. See? I told you it was complicated.

The first time I saw you, I wanted to see you closer - maybe look into those eyes that were so intriguing. Of course, the stuttering fool in me ensured I could not speak even a few decent lines in your presence. Yes, you were intimidating - and I don't say this only as someone who had my heart on my sleeve - you seemed to have that effect on many people!

We spoke - many times, as our paths crossed often. I guess I noticed every movement, every glance, every syllable from your mouth. I had played it over and over in my head  - in slow motion, wondering each time whether you meant something when you said random words, or passed amused glances my way.

You were tall - tall enough that I could spot you in an crowd. I could recognize the sound of your voice, your laughter - and your bike from a distance. I knew all your best friends, and even became friends with them. But you? You I could not befriend - maybe because I was such a klutz around you, or maybe because you already knew how I felt and didn't feel the same way.

I have moved on - life has that to its credit - I found my love, my happiness and where I belong. But you, my dear Complicated, will always make me dreamy-eyed and weak-kneed.

Love,

The one who chickened out.

14 comments:

  1. :) ohhh well it was not to be ... thats all i can say ..


    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so good to see you again, Bikram!! Yes, in a way, good it was not!!

      Delete
  2. Good to see the blogger back in action :)
    Keep them coming Meena!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebellious indeed!! I hate the person I had a crush on for the first time. More followed and I don't like any of them either. Although there is always that one person who can make us weak-kneed, but well, wasn't meant to be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes! I know what you mean... the one who you have a crush on is probably not the one you could be in love with!!

      Delete
  4. Aww!!! It could have been, but maybe it's best that you found someone whom you could be comfortable with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ehehhe we all have a crush we chickened out on no?
    I still have one around. I get week kneed but I would never want to pursue him. I am happy right now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah....crushes are complicated most of the times...because they don't know what is going on here and we can't let them know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha..... true. Spoken from experience, I presume? :-)

      Delete
  7. Very interesting blog post, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog.
    La Femme Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi... thank you Ramachandran! Have not been writing, and your comment just made me decide I want to start again!

      Delete